SAVINGS PROGRAMSThe Credit Union philosophy depends on the pooling of assets by the members to provide funds for loans for individuals within the group. Members are encouraged to make regular deposits and to keep their accounts active.
SharesYour savings account at the Credit Union is known as your Share Account. This account makes one a member and eligible to receive any of our other services. The Share Account must be opened before utilizing any of the other services of Eastmill Federal Credit Union.
- This account has a required minimum balance of $25.00.
- Dividends may be paid on balances of $50.00 or over.
- Dividends are calculated using the Average Daily Balance Method and paid on the last day of the month.
- Each primary account holder is eligible for $3,000.00 Group Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy, at no cost to member, by submitting an application. (Eligibility age is 18 and over. Benefits are reduced 50% at age 70.)
- No service charges or monthly fees.
- Statements are mailed quarterly.
CLUB ACCOUNTSTo aid you in meeting annual expenses, we offer two types of Club Accounts: Christmas Club Accounts and All Purpose Club Accounts.
Dividends are calculated using the Average Daily Balance Method and paid on the last day of the month. The rate offered on our share account also applies to the following club accounts:
- Christmas Clubs begin in late fall of each year, although you may open one up at any time. Completed Christmas Clubs are deposited directly into the corresponding Share Account.
- Your payroll-deducted Christmas Club will automatically be renewed for the same amount unless you notify the Credit Union of a change.